Aug 31, 2009

The continuing adventures of Mini Madoff.

I felt obligated to post some epilogue to the whole Mini Madoff story only because it’s all quite telling. Not that the outcome was any different than what I had anticipated (the biggest surprise of all would have been getting paid by this clown).

Again, when the subject about the unpaid invoice was broached, Mini Madoff replied in the body of his email with the following: ********** bill-I paid all my bills. Send to me and I will submit to accounts payable dept.

After Mini Madoff got his bill, he started singing a different tune: In Florida last 5 days. FYI-I owe zero, that is right $0, in all my business relations. Very high credit rating too. So you can answer, and I would be very interested in your answer, to the eternal question...“What would u do if you were me???”

I don’t speak parasite, I replied very plainly... pay your bill.

There was a flurry of emails over the next several days. In them, Mini listed a litany of excuses why he shouldn’t be obligated to pay for the services he received.

The marvelous thing in all of this was Mini couldn’t produce a canceled check or any proof of payment for something he did use – he put out his magazine, used the cover I designed, just never paid for it.

He cried how the invoice was from over a decade ago (must be a statute of limitations on unpaid debts), described how great his credit rating is, just about everything but providing the proof of payment or acknowledging he used the piece (and all the other work he got for free before that) at the very end as he put it: So I should just send you money cause you want it?

Ummmm, no. You should send me the money because you never paid for services rendered you frigging leech. A sense of entitlement does not allow you to skate through life living off the fruits of others’ labors.

Throughout the whole exchange I kept flashing to the image of Bernie Madoff angrily pushing his way through a throng of reporters, angry that they dared question his integrity and called into question the caliber of his morals! Meanwhile, the truth of it was, he was nothing more than a common crook, a well-dressed mugger, a flim-flam artist and the people who paid the most? His “friends” - people who put their trust in him and wound up paying the price for it.

Friends like those I don’t need.

Guys who aren’t satisfied unless they have it all. Tightfisted losers who sniff around looking for “favors” and who can’t be bothered to show a modicum of appreciation, recognition or acknowledgment when others help them (never mind actually paying for something). The kind of bottom dwelling scum who always look to cut corners except where their own comfort is concerned, the ones who don’t pay their bills as exemplified by my “friend” Mini, my pal.

Good riddance.

No comments: